Solar Rebate and Interconnection Application
Thank you for your interest in this program.
This online application is used to apply for Solar Rebates and Renewable Interconnections within Evergy Missouri territories.
Solar rebates are available for residential systems up to 25 kW DC and non-residential systems up to 150 kW DC located within the Company’s Missouri territory. You may install a larger system if your usage justifies it but the rebate will only be for up to 25 kW DC for residential systems or 150 kW DC for commerical systems. Systems greater than 100 kW DC must complete the Qualifying facilities application as they DO NOT QUALIFY for net metering.
• Customers are allowed to install larger than 25 kW DC (Residential) or 150 kW DC (Commerical) as long as the past 12 months usage justifies it up to 100 kW DC to be on a net metering rate. If you want to install larger than the last 12 months usage justifies and the total system size is under 100 kW DC you'll need to be on a parallel generation rate. Anything over 100kW DC is a facilities agreement.
|Net Metering||Parallel Generation||Facilities Agreement|
|Evergy Missouri Metro||Evergy Missouri West||Evergy Missouri Metro||Evergy Missouri West||All|
|Residential||100kW- DC||100kW- DC||Up to 100kW- DC||Up to 100kW- DC||>100 kW DC|
|Commercial||100kW- DC||100kW- DC|
The Solar Rebate Application is all that is required for a rebate commitment. The complete Interconnection Application can be submitted at the same time as the Solar Rebate Application or can be submitted later.
If you receive a solar rebate commitment email and you have not submitted an Interconnection Application, you will need to submit your application within 90 days of receipt or your solar rebate commitment WILL EXPIRE.
You will need the following to apply for a solar rebate:
- Account number
- Customer name and Address as it appears on the Evergy Billing Statement
- Customer phone number
- Customer email
- Number of panels and DC rating of panels
- Installer name, address and contact information
* A W9 will be required for all non-residential customers prior to the payment of any rebate.
** A signed and notarized Solar Renewable Energy Credit (SREC) form will need to be completed prior to rebate payment.
Net Metering and Parallel Generation tariffs for KCPL Evergy: